November 6, 2010

Jellicle Dreams

1/18/11
Okay, for some reason, my school's drama class was putting on a production of "Cats", just after I had got out of drama, and I was somehow there to watch their rehearsal.  All of the costumes were atrocious, as is usual with amateur productions (no offense, it's just my opinion - they're made out of cheap material and they all look the same, usually with an unhealthy brown tint overall), but they were giving it they're all.  And then I see my BFF kind of dance across the stage in her costume, and I call her over to chat.  We talk about absolutely squat for about a minute, and then the drama director calls her back to rehearsal.  But just before they turn the music back on, I ask my BFF which cat she is ('cause of course, I can't tell the costumes apart and they aren't wearing the makeup), and she tells me she's Rumpleteazer.  And I'm like, "I'M GONNA KILL YOU!"  'Cause, obviously, if I were in the production I would've wanted to be Teaze.  Grr.  It was so real...I actually thought for a moment that she was in a production!  And then I thought, "No, she couldn't.  Because I'm still in drama."  ...  That's it.

11/6/10
The whole dream wasn't Cats themed, just bits of it.  The rest of it was Doctor Who themed.  Why am I not surprised?  Anyway, the part I remember the most clearly was (obviously) the scene with Misto and Victoria.  They were out on this dance floor/patio type thing.  And it was most definitely Jacob and Phyllida in costume.  How weird is that?  Misto took Vicky's paw in his, and then they began the most beautiful dance scene.  It was definitely ballet, but they kept it so cat-like that I almost thought this was an actual scene from the movie that I had somehow missed out on.  They just looked so in love, I thought I could feel myself smiling in my sleep.  But then, just as the crescendo came in the music (I had no idea where it was coming from), and Vicky ran to jump into Misto's arms all lovey-dovey like, it turned out to be only me dancing with this "life-size" doll that I've had forever.  (When I say "life-size", I mean that it was once the same height as me, but then I grew and it didn't.)  I ended up laughing like crazy, and then the garden guy (who was apparently there the whole time and I just failed to see him) looked at me as if I had escaped the wacky shack.  Also, there was a small bit just before the dance scene happened - I was in the hallway just outside my bedroom, the door of which was cracked open.  And there, laying on my bed like the lazy bum he was, was the.  Rum.  Tum.  Tugger.  8D  IKR?!?  I was going to go get my phone and take a video of him like the creep I was, but then the dance scene happened before I could!  Tugger looked like he had had a little too much to drink and just passed out on my bed; it was SO CUTE!  Well, anyway, I can officially call myself a Jellicle freak, 'cause now I've had a Jellicle dream.



No comments:

Post a Comment