October 10, 2010

Your Webmistress

About me, your fabulous webmistress, Jillylou.

Meow!

Hello, all you fellow kitties at heart!  Here's a little about me and my latest and greatest obsession; this fabulous and timeless piece of Heavyside Layer created by the mastermind ALW.

The first time I ever saw Cats was the video version in my music class to learn how music and movement coexist, about roughly 10 months ago.  I know, that's not a lot of time to be obsessed, but that's because you don't know me.  I get obsessed hard and fast.  Anyway, at first I really didn't know what to expect.  I thought it was just a little strange at first (and thanks to my very rude classmates, I could hardly understand any of the lyrics), but after a while I started to research it, and re-watch some of the clips on YouTube (to finally learn what the heck they were saying), and pretty soon I was hooked.

Mistoffelees was originally, and continued to be for a very long time, my absolute favorite character.  He's just so adorable and fun and cute, and he's got MAGIC POWERS for Pete's sake.  And he has one of those rare iconic costumes where you know who he is in every production.  He has made me develop a crush on Jacob Brent, which I do not resent for any reason.


Some of my other obsessions include ABC's Castle, Psych, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Top Gear, and Doctor Who.  (In turn, I happen to think that Seamus Dever, James Roday, Simon Seville, Richard Hammond, David Tennant, Matt Smith, and John Barrowman are all adorably gorgeous.  They only add to my long list of hopeless celebrity crushes.)

One more thing I should warn you about-I am a hardcore Rum Tum
Tugger fangirl.  There's no denying it anymore.  (It's kind of ironic, though, because I used to not want anything to do with him when I was first getting into Cats.)  But here's the thing-only John Partridge (otherwise known as MY DRUG) can make me swoon over Tugger.  I've seen plenty of other Tuggers, and they don't even come close.  John Partridge just has this essence of Tugger wafting from him, which makes him an absolute god in the role.  They really did pick the absolute best cast they could for the video (except in Jellylorum's case, but we'll discuss that later).  It's a terrible shame John Partridge is gay.

More random info!  I am an only child.  I have a dog and a cat (I love him to bits, but he doesn't love me).  I am aspiring to be a juvenile fiction writer when I get older.  But now, I'll just stick to writing mounds of fan fiction, which has now become my favorite hobby.  I love to sing, even if I don't sing well.  I'm not saying I'm bad, I've just never had an un-biased evaluation of my singing before, so I'm not sure.






No comments:

Post a Comment